May 11, 2021
The executive MBA program provides mid-level managers with an opportunity to learn and develop the management skills that will enable them to excel in today’s competitive environment. Courses are taught by an enthusiastic faculty who have as their goal the students’ growth and success. Our professors are academically qualified professionals involved in the field, providing students with the best of two worlds: they comprise full-time professors with an in-depth knowledge of business theory and philosophy, and adjunct professors, all with advanced degrees, who work in the field and share their knowledge and experience in the classroom.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the executive MBA program will be able to:
- Work effectively in teams
- Sell their ideas
- Apply theory to understand real practical situations
- Think “outside the box” and develop novel solutions
- Integrate the functional department issues into a coherent strategic whole
- Analyze and synthesize problems
- Manage the development of their own careers
Graduates will be knowledgeable about:
- Current international and global issues
- Ethical and diversity issues
- Current technology and environmental issues
- Leading change in an organization
- Current management trends
Admission to the Executive MBA Program
Admission to this cohort program is limited to individuals with managerial and practical experience from a variety of industries. Applicants are encouraged to submit all application materials simultaneously to ensure an admissions decision can be made before the start of the cohort. To be considered for the program, students must complete and submit the following, in addition to the admission materials for all degree programs:
- A written statement of purpose that explains the applicant’s interests in how the executive MBA program will benefit his/her career
- A writing sample
- A detailed resume showing at least five years of full-time work experience with three years at the managerial or professional level
- A letter of recommendation from an officer of the applicant’s employing organization
Candidates will be contacted by the program director to schedule an interview upon receipt of all applications documents.
Requirements for the Executive Master of Business Administration
The executive MBA requires completion of 39 trimester units to be earned in 13 three-unit seminars, with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.00 or better in courses taken at Golden Gate University that are applicable to the program’s requirements. To ensure maximum opportunity for shared learning and in-depth peer interaction, the participants in each entering class take all seminars as a group and in the sequence outlined below. For further information regarding graduation requirements, see Academic Requirements for Graduate Programs .
Graduate Writing Proficiency Requirement
Candidate will demonstrate his/her writing and English language proficiency by:
- Submitting a statement of purpose
- Submitting an additional writing sample
- Participating in an interview with the Program Director as part of the application process
Graduate Mathematics Proficiency Requirement
Students are expected to possess a level of mathematical proficiency at least equivalent to MATH 20 Intermediate Algebra . Students may meet this requirement by satisfying one of the screening criteria listed under Graduate Mathematics Proficiency Requirement .