Aug 19, 2022
The GGU Master of Business Administration (MBA) program will advance your leadership skills and business knowledge using an activity-based learning approach. Our faculty members are seasoned professionals in their respective fields and will prepare you to lead in today’s complex business environment.
The GGU MBA builds business decision making and leadership skills that provides an integrated perspective of management and allows you to tailor your program with one of several concentrations to meet your interest and goals.
Since the founding of its MBA program over half a century ago, GGU has pioneered evening and online programs for working professionals to achieve their career objectives. You will proceed at your own pace in deciding how many courses to take in a given trimester and study fully in-person, completely online or a combination of both.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Business Administration program will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate a general management “holistic” perspective
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills, such as teamwork, critical thinking and problem solving, communications and presentations, self-awareness
- Master and apply general management analytic processes and tools for decision making
- Integrate strategic business objectives within competitive industry dynamics
- Integrate strategic business objectives within the socio-political-economic-ecological-global context
- Understand functional areas’ impact on business and departmental interaction issues
- Demonstrate integrated business level planning
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to identify the ethical, environmental, and social implications of business issues and formulate appropriate responses
Students must abide by the polices stated in the MBA Student Manual .
Requirements for the Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) requires completion of 33 units in the core program, and 9 units in the concentration, for a total of 42 units. Students must earn a grade of “C-” or better in each course and cumulative grade-point average of 3.00 or better.
Mathematics Proficiency Requirement
BUS 240 Data Analysis for Managers . (Waived with documentation of student’s having completed equivalent course covering statistics and regression analysis with grade of “C” or better.)
Business Core - 24 units
The core courses are taken by all MBA students. This ensures that all MBA graduates have an understanding of the important skills for effective management and an integrative knowledge of the core area of business, regardless of their area of concentration.
Strategic Courses and Capstone Course - 9 units
Concentration Courses - 9 units
Select three courses from any of the concentrations listed above.